Application and Admissions
- The admissions deadline is May 1st; however, the application period is closed when enrollment capacity is reached. Applying early is important!
- We use a “rolling admissions” process in which applications are reviewed as they are received.
- Applicants are informed of their enrollment status within a few weeks of their applications.
- Please note that GRE scores are not required.
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.00 or higher based on the last 60 credits earned from the degree granting institution.
- Two years or more of teaching experience.
- Basic computer skills and equipment.
- Teaching during the two years while enrolled in the program is required. This can be part-time or full-time in a public or private school, or within a community program or setting wherein you have access to students.
There are circumstances in which exceptions can be made regarding admissions requirements. Please contact us with questions.
All applicants are advised to determine whether this program meets requirements for licensure in the state where they live. See the U.S. Department of Education website for contact information for state licensing boards.
1. Write a statement for your reasons for graduate study.
You will need to upload your statement to the online application. Your statement should be approximately 3-4 pages, and should address the following topics:
- Teaching: current and past teaching experience
- Goals: goals for graduate study and mastery in teaching you wish to achieve
- Interests: specific topic(s) of interest in education
- Recognitions: special recognitions or honors you may have received
- Technology: information regarding your level of technology skills and your access to the technology needed to complete this degree program
- Commitment: your motivation to complete this challenging two-year graduate program
- Other: anything else that you would like us to know about your special needs or interests
2. Complete the online application form and select MSPE program option.
- Be sure to indicate your application is for the Summer Term.
- When applying to the graduate school, you will need to select the correct program option in the Graduate School’s online application form. On the Application Information webpage of the form, select “Educational Psychology MS- Professional Educator MSPE” in the first drop down menu field.
- Be sure to submit the Graduate School application and Reasons for Graduate Study online. Do NOT mail any paper copies of the application materials to the Graduate School.
- Upload a CV/resume to the Graduate School application
3. Request letters of recommendation.
- Two letters are required. At least one letter should be from a school administrator or department chair. Letters of recommendation can be uploaded via the Graduate School’s online application.
- Enter the names and email addresses of your letter writers in your online application. An email invitation to upload letters and directions for uploading will be sent to your letter writers by the graduate school.
- It is your responsibility to be sure your letters of recommendation have been sent. Log onto your online application and check the Online Admissions Status Information System (OASIS) to verify that your letters have been received.
4. Pay your application fee ($75) via credit card, wire transfer, or e-check.
5. Have your official undergraduate and graduate transcript(s) sent to the Department of Educational Psychology.
- Your application cannot be fully processed until we have received your official transcript(s).
- We accept submissions of paper or electronic official transcripts.
- Photocopies are NOT accepted.
|Paper Transcripts||Electronic Transcripts|
|Mail all official undergraduate and/or graduate transcript(s) directly to:
The University of Wisconsin-Madison is currently updating their online application process, which may lead to technical difficulties. If you are experiencing any difficulty with the online application please email our Graduate Admissions Coordinator or call (608) 262-1427.