Master of Science for Professional Educators (MSPE)
A Master’s Degree Program for K-12 Teachers
The goal of the MSPE program is to provide working teachers with the knowledge and skills necessary to become stronger teachers, leaders in their schools and/or districts, and experts in areas of practice of individual interest.
MSPE is a convenient online education program that blends web-based and face-to-face learning. Our unique hybrid program provides online courses in Fall and Spring, six weeks of online coursework in Summer, and two weeks of face-to-face Summer coursework on the beautiful University of Wisconsin-Madison campus.
Leading to a Master of Science in Educational Psychology degree, MSPE integrates courses from three School of Education departments:
- Educational Psychology
- Curriculum & Instruction
- Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis
In just two years, teaching professionals can complete this degree in one of the country’s leading educational psychology departments (as listed in the rankings of the U.S. News & World Report’s edition of best graduate schools).
More About MSPE
Our program provides teaching professionals high quality education from a well-known leader in the field of education.
- Curriculum is aligned with state and national teaching standards
- Fall and Spring coursework is web-based so you can “attend” class when it is convenient for you via the Internet
- Occasional video-conferencing during the Fall and Spring courses keeps students and instructors connected to discuss coursework and current issues
- Two weeks of Summer face-to-face coursework on the UW-Madison campus provides students and faculty time to explore current education issues in person and to strengthen interpersonal ties
- Networking with other teachers who are part of a two-year cohort group is one of the most often reported benefits of the MSPE program
- Our program’s emphasis is on applied practice for k-12 teachers in areas of students’ specific interests and professional development goals.
- MSPE affords students contact with world-class instructional staff